|Washington State Department of transportation|
PERMITS: Washington oversize permits valid for three days. Must have permit prior to entering the state. Washington permits can no longer be purchased at POEs.
OPERATING TIME: One half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset, including Saturdays and Sundays. In addition, vehicle/loads not exceeding 12′ wide, 14’6″ high and 105′ long, including legal overhangs, may run at night with proper lighting defined by Federal Regulations 49 CFR 393.11.
RESTRICTED TRAVEL: Monday through Friday time/width curfew restrictions for the vicinities of Seattle-Everett, Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouver and Kelso are listed on the Commuter Curfew Hours sheet which accompanies permits. A validation number for permission to use city routes in Seattle and Tacoma.
We are independent dispatch services.If you’re interested how to be a successful dispatcher and how to make money dispatching trucks we can help you.
- 3′ front
- 15′ rear from center last axle to end of load
Weight: 80,000 Gross or more, depending on number of axles and their spacings:
- Steer – 600 lbs. per inch of width (13,200 for 11″ steers)
- Single – 20,000
- Tandem – 34,000
- Tridem – 42,000 (with at least 8′ of axle spacing)
Divisible Loads Exceeding 80,000: You can exceed 80,000 gross without a permit on state highways and on Interstate highways as long as you are legal on all axle/group weights and you are licensed for at least the amount of your gross weight.
ROUTINE PERMIT LIMITS
Length: 125′ trailer and load
Width: 16′ (14′ on 2-lane highways)
Note: On height clearances: Washington state oversize permits do not guarantee height clearances on permitted routes.
- Gross Weights
- 5 axles – 99,000
- 6 axles – 114,700
- 7 axles – 130,000
- Depending on axle spacings
- Axle Weights
- Steer Axle – 600 pounds per inch of tire width (13,200 pounds maximum with 11 inch tires)
- Single – 22,000
- Tandem – 43,000
- Tridem – Depends on spacings (4’2″ spacings get about 54,080 pounds; 4’6″ spacings get about 58,500 pounds, etc.)
- Register for up to 105,500 pounds to permit for that much or more
Loads exceeding these dimensions or exceeding 200,000 pounds are considered as Super Loads.
On Multiple Lane Highways:
Length: Trailer length including load over 125′ – 1 escort
Overhang: Center last axle to end of load exceeds 1/3 of total trailer and load length – 1 escort
- Over 14′ – 1 escort
- Over 16′ – case by case basis
Height: Over 14’6″ – 1 escort
On 2-Lane Highways:
Length: Trailer length including load over 105′ – 1 escort.
Overhang: rear overhang exceeds 1/3 of total trailer and load length – 1 escort.
- Over 11′ – 2 escorts
- Over 16′ – case by case basis
Height: Over 14’6″ – 1 escort.
- Trip (temporary license) permits are $25 (valid for 3 days)
- Fuel (Temporary IFTA) permits are $30 (valid for 3 days)
- Width and height permits are $20 per month
- Length permits are $10 per month Single trip oversize permits are $10 per trip
- Weight permits are based on your gross weight over your legal weight. (Special Permit – Fees)
- Transponders will cost $35 each
MISCELLANEOUS: All lift axles must be on the ground if exceeding legal axle weights. Overweight single piece loads must be reduced when possible. Loads created by means of welding, bolting, or tying will be considered to be reducible.
Our company offer professional dispatch services for owner operators and truckers.
SIGNS, FLAGS & LIGHTS: “Oversize Load” signs are required for all oversized loads at the front of the tractor at a height of 5′ from ground level (or as high as practicable on the vehicle or load if it cannot accommodate the 5′ height), and at the rear of the vehicle at a height of 5′ to 7′ from ground level (or as high as practicable on the vehicle or load if it cannot accommodate the 5′ to 7′ height). Signs are not needed for overweight only loads. Flags must be displayed on all four corners of all overwidth loads, and at the extreme ends of all protrusions, projections, or overhangs. When night movement is allowed, loads projecting beyond the sides of the vehicle must have amber lights visible from the front and side at the outermost extremities. Rearmost edge of the projecting load must be marked with a red lamp visible from the rear and side.
Overdimension Only: $122.00
(1) First Offense, basic penalty of not less than fifty dollars; a Second Offense, a basic penalty of not less than seventy-five dollars, and a Third or Subsequent Offense, a basic penalty of not less than one hundred dollars.
(2) In addition to the basic penalties, the following fines will be imposed for each pound overweight, as follows:
(a) One pound through four thousand pounds overweight is three cents for each pound;
(b) Four thousand one pounds through ten thousand pounds overweight is one hundred twenty dollars plus twelve cents per pound for each additional pound over four thousand pounds overweight;
(c) Ten thousand one pounds through fifteen thousand pounds overweight is eight hundred forty dollars plus sixteen cents per pound for each additional pound over ten thousand pounds overweight;
(d) Fifteen thousand one pounds through twenty thousand pounds overweight is one thousand six hundred forty dollars plus twenty cents per pound for each additional pound over fifteen thousand pounds overweight;
(e) Twenty thousand one pounds and more is two thousand six hundred forty dollars plus thirty cents per pound for each additional pound over twenty thousand pounds overweight.
You can see this Permit Types and Information for more details about specific permits.
Violation of Posted Limits — $150 minimum and additionally upon a second violation within a twelve month period involving the same power unit, suspend the registration for not less than 30 days.Fines are calculated based on permit weight. Permit is void if violated. Operators may be fined for either an over axle or over gross violation, whichever produces the greater fine. Drivers may not shift load to avoid an over axle citation.